NORTH DAKOTA SPIRIT WEEK
February 24 - 28, 2014
Philanthropy is defined as “the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money to good causes.”
What would UND look like without philanthropy? There would be no Chester Fritz Library, no John D. Odegard School of Aerospace, no Ralph Engelstad Arena, no Gorecki Alumni Center, no scholarships.
So let’s celebrate those who’ve helped make UND great!
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24
- Spirit Day
Got green? Show it! Wear your UND gear.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25
- Mug Up to Philanthropy
Warm up with a cup of hot cocoa, play UND trivia, win prizes, and rub elbows with campus celebrities.
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Outside Chester Fritz Library
(Campus Celebrities are: Dr. Gerhardt, Assistant Dean of Students for Student involvement & Leadership, Dr. Reesor, Vice President for Student Affairs, DeAnna Carlson Zink CEO of UND Alumni Association & Foundation, Dan Muus, Chief Development Office for UND Alumni Associaton & Foundation and Dr. Munski, professor of Geography!)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26
- State of the Foundation Address
The UND Alumni Association & Foundation’s Executive Vice President & CEO, DeAnna Carlson Zink, reports on the state of UND’s primary Fundraising arm.
7 – 8:30 a.m.
Gorecki Alumni Center
RSVP required to Brooke Conlin.
- Spirit Ski CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
Join faculty, staff, and students for cross-country skiing! Water bottle and hot chocolate giveaways and free ski rental with student/staff ID. Public Welcome.
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27
National Student Engagement & Philanthropy Day and UND Founder’s Day
- Speak Up to Philanthropy
Private gifts make your UND education possible, so it’s your turn to thank a donor! Visit the Spirit Table in the Memorial Union for an official Speak Up to Philanthropy thank you card or throughout campus at your specific college/school’s station.
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- UND Founder's Day 2014
Celebrate UND Founder's Day with UND faculty, staff & students..
5:15 pm social | 6 pm Dinner
Memorial Union Ballroom
Tickets must be purchased by February 21. Visit www.und.edu/founders-day for more information.
- UND Men’s Basketball game vs. Portland State
Cheer on your UND men’s basketball team! Free pizza for students.
Betty Engelstad Sioux Center
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28
- Pay it Forward Friday
Show your spirit, get candy.
Stop by the Memorial Union for a chance to Pay it Forward.
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
(note: these will help you in the trivia contest on Tuesday!)
- Chester Fritz gave $1 million to UND to establish the Chester Fritz Library in 1961. His gift was the first of its size.
- Pink and green UND’s official colors, adopted in 1889.
- 2,500 employees work at UND, making it North Dakota’s second-largest employer.
- The Gorecki Alumni Center is North Dakota’s first LEED Platinum building and the first LEED Platinum alumni center in the country. (View the GAC’s real time energy use here!)
- 79% of UND students receive financial aid to cover their tuition & fees.
- $324.1 million was dedicated to UND’s passionate students, inspirational educators, innovative programs and extraordinary places through North Dakota Spirit | The Campaign for UND.
- 275+ student organizations at UND. Get involved today! involvement.und.edu
- UND enrolls students from 50 states and 70 countries.
- 98% of UND alumni who graduated between December 2010 and August 2011 are employed or are continuing their education.
- North Dakota Spirit | The Campaign for UND dedicated $84.2 million to students at UND, ensuring access to a UND education to every student who desires it.
- 38,808 alumni and friends invested in the University of North Dakota through North Dakota Spirit | The Campaign for UND.
- 5 states that boast the most UND graduates: North Dakota, Minnesota, California, Colorado, Arizona.