The greatest impact of UND's move to D-I is the need for immediate scholarships to level our playing fields and continue to recruit quality student-athletes who also excel academically. Your direct scholarship support, which can be designated to a specific sport, will have an immediate and profound influence on students' personal, academic and professional lives. You can make an immediate investment by funding an Impact Scholarship, fully or partially funded for five years, ensuring a student-athlete’s full tuition, room and board is taken care of so he or she can study at, play for and nationally represent the University of North Dakota. View the Impact Scholarship brochure.
A five-year commitment will ensure UND Fighting Sioux Athletics has necessary funding during it’s D-I transition to confidently recruit the brightest, most talented athletes and continue offering competitive scholarship packages, comparable to those being offered by our Division I competitors. Through February 28, 2009, 140 donors have committed more than $2.1 million to help grow the scholarship dollars available for UND student-athletes. Can we count on you to join the team?
What will it take?
$15,000/year x 5 = $75,000
$7,500/year x 5 = $37,500
$1,000 - $7,000/year x 5 =
$5,000 - $35,000
- Your gifts can be made with a five year commitment of cash or stock
- Annual gifts of less than $1,000 are welcome and will be pooled with other similar gifts to support impact scholarships
- Your Impact Scholarship gift may also qualify you for new or increased membership in the UND Foundation Eternal Flame Society
With a five year pledge of at least $25,000
- you can name your scholarship
- you will be recognized on the Fighting Sioux Legacy Wall located in the Ralph Engelstad Arena
- you will receive information each year about your scholarship recipient
I'll join the team!
Contact Associate Athletic Director, Athletics Major Gifts, Steve Brekke (701-777-6426, email@example.com), or Associate Athletic Director and Executive Director, Fighting Sioux Club, Josh Morton (701-777-4216, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.