The UND Foundation is committed to ensuring your gift to benefit the University of North Dakota is managed professionally, transparently and to the highest standard, ensuring your intent is fulfilled and campus needs are met. We adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition to certified accountants and financial professionals, our Board of Directors Investment Committee provides guidance and oversight.
Fund management services are provided by:
Annually the UND Foundation financial information is audited by Virchow Krause. Once completed, a full annual report to donors is provided.
We believe investment success is the result of:
- A focus on the long-term;
- Diversification across a variety of asset classes, styles and strategies;
- The careful evaluation of market characteristics followed by the application of informed, professional judgment in the construction of investment programs;
- The retention of high-quality managers to execute specific assignments;
- Consistent review;
- Disciplined risk management.
Key elements of our philosophy are:
- Informed research to collect more than just data, but research that uncovers or discovers opportunities;
- Rigorous analysis and quantitative assessment to anticipate opportunity by discerning patterns of valuation;
- Opportunistic fund management to take advantage of secular market shifts and short term market anomalies;
- Market continuity to have a long-term perspective and commitment over market cycles and deliver alpha-generating strategies across all asset classes;
- Capacity to place investment performance ahead of fund size and to close funds for new investment if the opportunity set narrows.